Saturday, December 5, 2009

They DIG Vegan Pancakes

A step in the right direction with the little people i think.

Oh let me preface this with:

my kids are uber picky eaters..... the boys are just crazy, luckily the princess is a bit more adventurous and willing to TRY new things.

One thing the kids will ALWAYS eat is pancakes (naturally, right?!)

(these aren't the ones we made, but you get the idea, right?!)

I just use the recipe from the back of the Pioneer Pancake mix box (i'm pretty sure the mix is vegan), then i replace the 2 eggs with heaping tablespoons of natural applesauce and replace the regular milk with rice milk. I think i usually add a little bit of safflower oil as well, so they don't stick so much to the pan. These taste EXACTLY the same as the traditional pancakes and the kids have never said they tasted different! I also replace the chocolate chips with dairy free chocolate chips that again, taste just the same, and then some w/ various berries. YUM!

I wish all the foods they eat were as easy to veganize without them noticing.... well.... actually i just wish they weren't so dang picky in general! bah! ;)

My mission is to get my crew to eating more kindly without fighting over every meal....

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails