Wednesday, December 9, 2009

they say it's my birthday!

don't you love random weird traditions that you remember from growing up?

one of my favs is one that probably was never intended to be a tradition, but alas it is. I don't recall exactly when this started but i know i was probably in upper elementary school or so and the rest is history!

it was my birthday party and my dad and stepmom came down the stairs with a birthday cake lit and they were singing "They say it's your birthday...." by the Beatles (you know that song right?!). I'm pretty sure i thought they were insane, but I loved it anyway and since then, a birthday is not complete w/o hearing that song or serenading someone w/ it!

this year my dad sent me a youtube of a version i had never seen before which i thought was pretty cool. i watched it and danced w/ my daughter and teared up! isn't it funny how those little things trigger such memories?!



the BEST bday present! *wub*

xoox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails