Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a rice milk convert + a recipe

1 kiddo down, 2 to go.

i'm so happy that my baby girl is finally requesting rice milk! she is even drinking it plain (well the vanilla kind)!


I'm soooo happy! Now if i can just get the boys to drink it.... they've both given 2 thumbs down even mixed w/ chocolate syrup. Thankfully, they don't notice when I mix it in w/ smoothies or pancakes, so at least that's something....


baby steps, right?!

and i was craving something warm and comforting for dinner tonight, so i whipped up a yummy little roasted concoction....

Easy Peasy Roasted Goodness

2 baby zucchini's, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
2 small sweet potatoes, chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained
olive oil
salt, pepper, a dash of red pepper flakes, thyme

roast at 400 for about 1 hour. (stir every 20-30min)

YUM! I ate this alone and hubs just had it as a side dish, but he really liked it (and he doesn't even like sweet potatoes!), so it's a winner in my book!

xo

3 comments:

  1. good luck going vegan....I am just too much of a veggie/tofu/replacement wimp! LOL I can do soy milk in smoothies and such but can't drink it..I'm with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a vegan but that recipe sure does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, that sounds good...love chickpeas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails